CivilTEC was originally founded by Richard Gruiters in 2006. In 2010 Richard took a sabbatical from his business to assist with starting up a new Design Centre for a National Consultancy, before moving to an International Consultancy to further develop his skills and project experience, while also contributing to the management of the company’s national design and drafting resourcing.
In 2017 Richard decided it was time to get back to CivilTEC and carry on what he had started – working closely with clients to help them develop and deliver their vision, while providing exceptional customer service and project delivery.
The business continues to grow and is only limited by recruitment, so we are always on the lookout for talented Engineers to join the team.
In short, our passion is road design, while also utilising our broad engineering knowledge to provide clients and colleagues with robust technical solutions.
Our technical knowledge and skills includes :
– Geometric road design
– Bulk earthworks design
– Civil draughting
– Project feasibility studies
– Pedestrian facility design and on-site assessments
– Cycle facility design and on-site assessments
– Pavement investigations and design
– Technical design reviews & advice
– On-site safety assessments of existing transport infrastructure
– Producing schedules of quantities for pricing purposes
– Writing of technical specifications
– Construction management of roading projects
– Project & Design Management
We use the latest specialist design software, allowing designs and drawings to be produced accurately and efficiently. Some of the key software packages we use include:
– 12d Model for 3d road and drainage design
– AutoCAD for draughting
– AutoTURN for vehicle swept path analysis